10-man Police ends 6-match winless streak with 3-0 win over T&TEC

10-man Police ends 6-match winless streak with 3-0 win over T&TECPolice FC ended a disappointing six-match winless run on Saturday night with a comfortable 3-0 win over cellar positioned T&TEC at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Round Three Match Day One of the Digicel Pro League.

Ironically, the lawmen’s last victory came against T&TEC at the beginning of Round Two on January 4 with a 2-0 win—the same result registered in Round One.

But on Saturday, Police FC improved on previous results against the ‘Electric Boys’ playing with just 10-men following a direct red card sending off of right-back Clevon Mc Fee in the 27th minute, following a scrappy challenge on Nathaniel Garcia forcing referee Cecile Hinds to dip early into her back pocket.

However Police, coming off a 5-2 defeat against defending champions DIRECTV W Connection, were already in front by a goal 10 minutes earlier.

Winger Noel Williams, who later scored his team’s second item on the night, had his first of two assists when his cheeky flick above the area was finished off by a perfect Anton Hutchinson strike past Akini Adams and inside the upper corner for the 1-0 Police advantage.

Sylvester Teesdale then tried to pull T&TEC level in the 42nd minute with an effort from distance that surprised goalkeeper Anthony Marshall who made a good tip, pushing the effort behind.

The ‘Electric Boys’ had another attempt four minutes after the break, and again failed to level the scores with Daniel Garcia heading just overbar from Eustace Darius’ cross.

Meantime Police never looked a man down.

Kareem Perry, who provided a neat cross midway through the first half to his brother, Jameel, was at it again when he swung in a corner from the left in the 52nd minute but Karlon Murray’s towering leap and header at the back post was inches wide of the T&TEC upright.

Police team captain, Todd Ryan shifted in a right-back position following the expulsion of McFee, made a solo run at T&TEC two minutes later and after drifting past two T&TEC players, Ryan had a go at goal from distance shaving the upright.

And in the 61st minute, mere seconds after T&TEC head coach Dexter Cyrus made a double substitution replacing Tigana Sparks and Daniel Garcia with Simeon Augustus and Glen Sutton respectively, Police fired in another goal.

Williams with a touch of class; curled a strike out of goalkeeper Adams and into the far netting for a 2-0 cushion from above the area.

Williams then provided the lawmen’s third and final item in the 88th minute when he squared a pass across the area to Kareem Perry, who finished comfortably past Marshall. This after Police substitutes Sutton and Keeron Benito had wide attempts.

In the end Police improved its sixth position on the standings to 14 points, while T&TEC remained slumped at the bottom with just 5 points.

T&TEC FC 0—3 Police FC
Anton Hutchinson 17’, Noel Williams 61’, Kareem Perry 88’

T&TEC FC—Akini Adams(gk), Brent Garcia(capt.), Angus John, Larry Bacchus, Cebastian Bailey, Eustace Darius, Sylvester Teesdale, Daniel Garcia(Glen Sutton 61st minute), Tigana Sparks(Simeon Augustus 61st minute), Givon John(Keeron Benito 76th minute), Nathaniel Garcia

Coach—Dexter Cyrus

Police FC—Anthony Marshall(gk), Todd Ryan(capt.)(Yellow Card),  Karlon Murray, Anton Hutchinson, Clevon McFee(Red Card), Trent Noel, Kareem Perry(Kerry Frederick 89th minute), Noel Williams, Jameel Perry(Christon Thomas 73rd minute), Elijah Belgrave, Kemron Purcell

Coach—Richard Hood